Wednesday 22 July 2009

Pyramids

I got a chance to re-visit the mystic city of Cairo last week, the city of Pyramids and River Nile. And this time, I was there with my Canon DS 400 Camera, to photoshoot, the ecstasy of Pyramids, I have pasted three of my photographs on this post.

Pyramids always have inspired and motivated me to be resilient in the challenging situations of life. Unique among the seven wonders of the ancient world, having survived the ravages of the time, the great Pyramids of Giza, for me it symbolizes the audacity and courage to stand against tough times.



These immense masses of stones, are live testimony to the extraordinary civilization that flourished in the Nile Valley between 4000 and 3000 BC. The mystery, still unsolved, how they could have been built, gives a sense of excitement every time you look upon them.


Prof. Zahi Hawass (the renowned Egyptian Archeologist), has rightly explained Pyramids as: “Treasure chests of lost knowledge, books of stone concealing obscure mathematical, astronomical or esoterical messages, receivers of cosmic energy…”



Its an experience to be there and would love to be there every time I happen to visit Cairo!!