Monday 5 July 2010

Struggle for Freedom

I have spent a large part of my 37 years of life enslaved to one thing or other, one thought or other,  one desire or other, constantly struggling.

And this has happened to me ever since I was a child.

I have been undergoing a constant struggle, at times struggling for survival, sometimes striving for vindication, battling for self respect, for freedom, even struggling for just creating my own little space to stand up, till date the struggle continues, and I am sure this would continue till I die.

Sometimes I have succeeded, while at times I have lost and fallen too, but for sure, each time I stood up more experienced and more accomplished.

Amidst these fights and struggle, what kept me alive were my dreams, dream to achieve and dream to be loved.

Of course, this lead me to do things, which I did not like or should not have done, hurting people, leaving scars on body, mind and souls on one hand, while on the other though, I did experience some wonderful moments, created beautiful relationships and witnessed awesome enactments.

Today I stand at crossroads of my midlife, with the same struggle in my mind, a dream to be accepted as I am and loved as I am. Yes, this will complete me, complete my long journey of enslavement and render me "Free".

I cant turn back, will have to continue the search or else, I will be lost in the ocean of time, enslaved and entrapped.