Friday 26 June 2009

Hello Happiness!!!

Of late I do think a lot of times, whether I am really happy and believe me most of the times my answer is not affirmative.

So what is happiness? How to find a real state of happiness?

As they say (and I hardly paid attention), happiness is not something which we can outsource it through amassing wealth, but lies within us, within oneself, within our thinking our attitude towards life, its happening and within our state of mind.

Self contentment is key for happiness, this, I am learning from one of my closest friend, the more I interact with this friend of mine, the more I get convinced that my thinking that if I have a right house, the right car, the right job or for that matter right bank balance, would make me truly happy may not be true. Not that its total fallacy to strive for all these, but I am now realizing, a balance of satisfaction and contentment are key and rather more important to achieve the sense of happiness.

I have spend almost all my time for last few years, adjusting the external world, trying to make it conform to accomplish my dreams and wishes. All this time I have been trying to surround myself with things and people that I thought will make me, comfortable, secure or stimulated, yet when I question myself whether I am really happy, well for sure, moments and shades of hapiness were there, but as I stated in the beginning, I have not found pure and lasting happiness.

For the first time in my life and with the circumstances surround I have some how feel convinced in this friend of mine, that being happy necessarily doesn’t mean that everything should be full and perfect, but what it really means that we have to learn and decide to look beyond the emptiness and imperfections that generally surrounds our life (basic reasons of our sadness).

I have started to realize, we need to give space and freedom, to explore one-self, to find out who we really are and for whom we are. Happiness perhaps lies in exploring this unique self and then creating a sense of satisfaction, creating the moments of pause in the life.

No doubts and I realize, for me happiness would be going out there and realizing my dreams, sharing moments and time with my Parents, Wife, Kids, Friends and Society at large, I feel and gradually appreciate, they matter me more in my self actualization process, then the any thing else. My life as me, Manish, will be more peaceful and happy if I search my purpose and cause in and around them, then perhaps I will find the internal bliss.

One more recent change in my attitude, I realize that spending money on other people, no matter they are close to me or not, does makes a very positive impact on my mind and gives me a sense of happiness than spending money on myself. However small it may be but I feel a sense of attainment, a state of contentment.

Am I getting close to happiness?

Hello Happiness!!